Pre Season Friendly: Patrick Thistle 4 Dunfermline 2: 01/07/17

The first friendly in preparation for the 2017-2018 season was a closed doors match against Premiership Patrick Thistle played at the West of Scotland Science Park on Saturday.

Manager Allan Johnston used 21 players over the 90 minutes with only keeper Cammy Gill playing throughout.

New signings Aaron Splaine and Yves M`Voto played but after picking up an injury in training Declan McManus watched from the sidelines.

First threat to the hosts goal came in 13 minutes when Joe Cardle got better of his marker and executed a fine shot that was deflected behind for first Pars corner. The corner was taken by Kallum Higginbotham but Lee Ashcroft`s low drive was blocked.

Four minutes later after David Hopkirk knocked down a Higginbotham pass, Cardle produced a snapshot from 25 yards out. The Patrick Thistle keeper made a good save to tip the dipping ball over his bar.

At the midpoint of the first half, Thistle`s Steven Lawless hit the post then, when play switched quickly to the other end, Hopkirk was through on keeper but his low shot was stopped.

The opening goal came from the penalty spot In 26th minute. From a corner on the right, Ashcroft inexplicably palmed the ball away LAWLESS scored from the resultant penalty. 1-0

Eight minutes before the break Callum Morris was pulled up for tackle on the edge of his box and Thistle`s no.7 drilled a low effort on target but into the arms of Cammy Gill.

Half time: Patrick Thistle 1 Dunfermline 0

The second half saw Dunfermline change their entire outfield while their opponents stuck with most of their starting eleven but did bring on former Pars loaned Ryan Scully between the sticks.

In 61 minutes Conner Duthie brought down LAWLESS in the box and from the resultant penalty the Thistle player netted in a similar way to his first. 2-0

Thistle extended their lead in 73 minutes when Kris DOOLAN crashed in a fine shot from the edge of the box that gave Gill absolutely no chance. 3-0

Four minutes later Michael PATON tucked the ball beyond Ryan Scully to find the bottom right of the Thistle goal 3-1

Mark LAMONT curled a shot into the far right to make 4-1 with 11 minutes remaining

A Scott Lochhead corner from the right in 85th minute picked out M`Voto arriving at the far post the ball came off the post and back for TRIALIST to head into the net 4-2

Before time was up Scully saved a well struck shot from Lochhead but it was a good first outing for Allan Johnston`s squad.

SCORERS: Lawless (26 pen. 61 pen) Doolan (73), Lamont (79)

DUNFERMLINE: First half team Cammy Gill: Ryan Williamson, Callum Morris, Lee Ashcroft, Lewis Martin: Kallum Higginbotham, Aaron Splaine, Nat Wedderburn, Joe Cardle: Nicky Clark, David Hopkirk.
SUBS NOT USED: Second half team: Cammy Gill: Paul Allan, Stuart Morrison, Yves M`Voto, Conner Duthie: Scott Lochhead, Michael Paton, Trialist, Trialist: Trialist, Trialist
SCORERS: Paton (77), Trialist (85)

Sammy says thanks very much for visiting our web site where we have lots of news for young Pars fans.