SFL Div One: DUNFERMLINE 3 DUMBARTON 4 : Date: 23/03/13

Maybe it was divine intervention that the elements relented and the much need revenue from this fixture was able to be collected. Despite the spring equinox it was still¬ wintery in Scotland but with other areas snow bound East End Park was spared and the match against Dumbarton went ahead, albeit in very cold and windy conditions.

Jim Jefferies brought in Andy Barrowman for Andy Kirk and John Potter replaced the injured Callum Morris. Josh Falkingham returned to the squad.¬ For Dumbarton Manager Ian Murray named himself on the bench and brought in James Creaney for Alan Lithgow and former Par Nick Phinn for Garry Fleming.

Dunfermline kicked off attacking the goal at the McCathie Stand but play was stopped after just one minute for a rib¬ injury to Scott Agnew. Agnew was fit to continue and it was him who got the first shot of the game¬ after a Chris Turner break that fed Mark Gilhaney who in turn found Agnew on the edge of the box.¬ The shot was deflected behind but the Pars defence dealt with that.

Dumbarton had the better of the opening ten minutes but then the Pars had a glorious chance when a Ryan Wallace cut back set up Stephen Husband but he failed to connect convincingly and the defence cleared.¬ Then in 17 minutes Husband was allowed a low drive¬ from the outside of the box that Stephen Grindlay turned around his¬ right hand post. From the resulting corner Thomson had a half chance but Dowie connected but his shot was rising all the way and cleared the crossbar.¬

Comedy on 21 minutes when Grindlay smashed a clearance on to Andy Geggan and the rebound whizzed outside the right upright.¬ The Pars continued to put together some good build up play with Jordan providing a fine ball in from the left but Wallace just couldn't control the ball at the near post.¬ Lots of Pars possession but yet again not creative enough in the final third.

On 31 minutes Joe Cardle tried to prove that wrong flashing the ball across the face of goal but neither Thomson nor Barrowman could accept the opportunity. A McMillan overlap earned a 34th minute corner but that changed nothing.¬ The Sons had the ball in the Pars net ten minutes from the break but Phinn knew fine that he was offside as he turned in Agnew's effort.

Barrowman headed the ball home after a Cardle cross found him at the far post but that was chalked off by referee Alan Muir. Then in 41 minutes Ryan WALLACE smashed his shot past Grindlay with the keeper given no chance with the pace. 1-0

Dumbarton countered and Bryan Prunty came close when he got a low shot on a McGinn cross.¬ It had been a good 45 minutes from the Pars but undoubtedly Jim Jefferies would be demanding more from his front players in the second half.

Half Time: Dunfermline 1 Dumbarton 0

The second half started well for the Pars with Wallace's through ball finding¬ BARROWMAN and despite being surrounded by defenders he got the break of the ball to despatch the ball past Grindlay from 18 yards.

The two goal lead lasted only two minutes before former Par McDOUGALL netted off the crossbar in 51. The defence dwelt on a crossed ball and the former Par couldn't miss. 2-1

¬ The game continued to provide incidents with Husband threading a ball through the visitors defence. Wallace controlled and evaded the offside trap but he then let BARROWMAN finish starting serious appeals from the Sons defence for an offside decision. 3-1

That 56 minute goal was followed just three minutes later by what some termed a contender for goal of the season with Chris TURNER finding the net in spectacular fashion. 3-2

Gallacher then held a dangerous cross from deep but Husband then picked out Wallace and he made Grindlay save in 65 minutes. The visitors went straight up the park and sub Jim Lister's cross found AGNEW on the edge of the area and he crashed the ball past the helpless Gallacher. 3-3

Geggan then found Barrowman¬ but somehow the Dumbarton central defender got the ball over his crossbar.¬ Husband produced a great ball to send Wallace in but his lay off to Cardle was blocked. Next a corner from the right was kept out by the hand of Scott Smith and there was¬ further controversy fifteen minutes from the end when Pars sub Josh Falkingham was chopped down by Turner. The only yellow card of the game was shown to the 26 year old Irishman.

The match was in 84th minute when a Dumbarton surge forward produced the seventh goal of the game. It was Steven McDOUGALL who thrashed the ball home from the right. 3-4

This was a disappointing outcome after Dunfermline dominating the early play. It looked like things were going well when Andy Barrowman put the Pars 2-0 up just four minutes into the second half but Dumbarton took their chances and the Pars slumped to their sixth¬ consecutive home defeat.

DUNFERMLINE: Paul Gallacher; Jordan McMillan (c), Andy Dowie (c), John Potter, Stephen Jordan; Andy Geggan (Craig Dargo 86), Ryan Thomson (Josh Falkingham 61), Stephen Husband, Joe Cardle (Andy Kirk 83); Andy Barrowman, Ryan Wallace,
SUBS NOT USED:¬ ¬ Chris Kane, Michael Hrivnak (GK).
SCORERS: Wallace (41), Barrowman (49, 56)

DUMBARTON: Stephen Grindlay;¬ Paul McGinn, Scott Smith, Andy Graham, James Creaney; Nick Phinn (Jim Lister 59), Chris Turner, Scott Agnew,¬ Bryan Prunty (Mark Lamont 90), Mark Gilhaney, Steven McDougall
SUBS NOT USED: Ian Murray, Owen Ronald, Jamie Ewings (GK).
SCORERS: McDougall (51, 84), Turner (59), Agnew (65)
YELLOW CARD: Turner (75)

REFEREE: Alan Muir
WEATHER: Cold, windy 2C
Bucket Collection raised £5127
50/50 Draw winner was no. 33770 and prize was £851.

NEXT MATCH: (home) IRN BRU First Division v Falkirk
Wednesday 27th March, kick off 7.45pm

Sammy says thanks very much for visiting our web site where we have lots of news for young Pars fans.