Date: 22/09/12

A persistent virus meant Josh Falkingham missed out on this match.  Craig Dargo came into the starting eleven, Joe Cardle replaced Alex Whittle, and Andy Barrowman replaced Andy Kirk otherwise it was the same personnel who had success at Dumbarton the previous Saturday.

For Livingston manager John Hughes brought in Keaghan Jacobs and Marc McNulty for Jordan Morton and Bobby Barr, the latter being loaned out to East Fife.  The West Lothian side have amassed only five league points so far but all of those were won on the road. A win at Falkirk preceded by draws at Cappielow and Starks Park may be a better reflection of their ability than their poor home record would suggest.

McNulty and Russell got the match underway attacking the goal at the McCathie Stand end but within two minutes Cardle floated a free kick to the far post which Barrowman just failed to get enough on the ball to direct it on target. There was another good chance for Barrowman five minutes later. Stephen Jordan made a great run to receive the ball from Cardle on the overlap; his cross was good but Callum Booth got in front of the Pars striker at the far post.

Next on ten minutes Ryan Wallace received a pass from Cardle that he flashed through the six yard box evading the lunging attempt by his co-striker to get a telling touch. Two minutes later Jordan McMillan from the right byeline centred for Cardle.  He chested the ball down but struck the ball right footed into the empty East Stand.

On the quarter hour Wallace caused mayhem in the Livingston defence inside the D at the top of their box. The on loan Hibee Booth let Barrowman slip past him but his shot  from 15 yards went wide of the left post.  The Pars continued to press for the opener and the visitors defence had some desperate moments. A well struck attempt from 30 yards from Wallace tested McNeil but the former Hibs and Raith stopper dived to his left to hold.

Stephen Husband blasted a free kick wide left before in 24th minute Tony Andreu fired into the Pars wall from a free kick from just 22 yards out. That was really Livingston's first effort but it would have been an injustice had they scored. The opening goal did come Dunfermline's way in 26 minutes. The Spanish defender Jesus Garcia Tena let Wallace through and he cut it back for Andy BARROWMAN to stroke home. 1-0

Dunfermline's lead went to two just four minutes later and it came from a terrific run by the Club captain. Barrowman on the right byeline cut the ball back into the right side of the penalty box where Jordan McMILLAN burst in to find the net at the far post. 2-0.

Cardle then shot wildly over the bar as the Pars with their tails up kept the pressure up on the Livvy defence. In the final minute of the half McNulty's well connected shot was blocked by Callum Morris. It had been a half that the Fifers had dominated and at the break were comfortably in command.

Half Time: Dunfermline 2 Livingston 0

Dunfermline kicked the second half off playing into the September sun but it wasn't that to blame when Wallace failed to take the first good chance of the half. Barrowman clipped the ball into the penalty box which was in the shade of the McCathie Stand but McNeil came out and turned the ball around his left hand post.

Ryan Thomson replaced Craig Dargo just seven minutes into the half and almost scored in 56 minutes after Cardle had received the ball from him on the left, driven into the penalty box and cut back but the attentions of Tena were enough to force Thommo to shoot wide.

The Pars sub was to get on the scoresheet just after the hour. Callum Morris hooked the ball towards the goal from deep on the left, Barrowman challenged and the ball broke nicely for THOMSON to slide it past the advancing McNeil. 3-0.

Within four minutes the Pars struck again when a long ball from halfway sent BARROWMAN through on the keeper and he lobbed it over the helpless McNeil to set the East End faithful into song. 4-0 up with 25 minutes it looked a lost cause for Livingston who then replaced Jacobs with Jordan Morton.

Andy Kirk first and then Alex Whittle came off the bench to take the places of Barrowman and Cardle.  Jordan launched a free kick from the right over the Livvy wall but also over their crossbar. Then another free kick from slightly further out was sent into the box by Husband but Livvy cleared.

The match really fizzled out after that but another three points for Dunfermline were very welcome.

DUNFERMLINE: Paul Gallacher; Jordan McMillan (c), Andy Dowie, Callum Morris, Stephen Jordan; Stephen Husband, Andy Geggan, Joe Cardle (Alex Whittle 78); Craig Dargo (Ryan Thomson 52); Ryan Wallace, Andy Barrowman (Andy Kirk 76).
SUBS NOT USED: John Potter, Michal Hvirnak (GK)
SCORER: Barrowman (26, 65), McMillan (30), Thomson (61)

LIVINGSTON: Andy McNeil; Jesus Garcia Tena, Craig Barr, Callum Booth, Callum Fordyce, Anthony Andreu, Keaghan Jacobs (Jordan Morton 71), Stefan Scougall , Ross Docherty, Marc McNulty, Iain Russell (Ross Gray 85)l.
SUBS NOT USED: Connor McDonald, Jack Downie, Darren Jamieson (GK).
YELLOW CARD: Russell (58)

REFEREE: David Somers
WEATHER: Sunny 12C
50/50 WINNING TICKET: no. 03381 won £487

NEXT MATCH: (home) Scottish Communities League Cup v Aberdeen
Tuesday 25th September 2012, East End Park, kick off 7.45pm.

Sammy says thanks very much for visiting our web site where we have lots of news for young Pars fans.